BackgroundTSI is an indicator designed to identify true trend strength. A high TSI value indicates that short-term trend continuation (=follow through) is more likely than short-term trend reversal (=mean reversion), e.g. NASDAQ100 stocks with a value of greater than 1.65 indicate a healthy trend environment.
The creator of TSI is Frank Hassler from Engineering Returns in cooperation with David Varadi from CSS Analytics.
- SPY: Is the time about right for mean reversion?
- Initial post at David Varadi’s CSS Analytics blog
- Nasdaq100: TSI results at CSS Analytics
- AAPL: TSI applied
- Combining TSI and RSI into a winning swing trading system (part I. part II.)
- Using TSI for rotational trading (here)
- TradeSignal (similar to TradeStation)
- Microsoft Excel
- TradeStation (in the comment section of the TradeSignal version)
- Trader’s September 2009 (link)